Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Do people reallly read the bible?

Sometimes I'm guilty for not reading my bible on a daily basis.  Especially when I have worked a long day and life seems to take over.  Unfortunately,  the first thing I want to do when I get home is take a shower and relax.  When I first started my walk of faith with the Lord I would read my Bible and would not go a day without reading Gods word. 

I started reading two chapters in the morning and two chapters at night before I went to bed, and after reading I felt like I was reading to God and building my personal relationship with him.  Now, I'm so busy I don't read like I use to.  I find myself  wondering what I'm missing not being in His word like I should. 

I've noticed in recent events on the news that people are getting killed in movie theaters as well as kids getting shot in the inner city.  I don't know about you but the last time I read my Bible he did say certain things would happen just as He begins his return to claim those that are his.  I think I will make more of an effort to be in His word once again because reading Gods living word helps me stay grounded and in return helps me to help others.

 Stay blessed my brothers and sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment