Monday, April 22, 2013

Marriage can be tough!

  There may be times that you feel that you want to throw in the towel.  Marriage yes,can be tough at times especially when dealing with another persons personality and how they do things.  In the beginning you would find yourself not being able to stay away from the person you loved. It was new,exciting and it seemed that you both were on your best behaviors. Giving each other love notes and saying to yourself, wow I hit the lottery.  Looking into their eyes thinking to yourself this the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, then here come the rings, the ceromony and the marriage. The moment you say I do you become one with the Lord, not with the world this is where it gets interesting.

   The world tries to mold what the meaning of marriage is to be by their standards. Having you believe that it's what you see on television with all these reality shows having marriages protrayed as  a game, not something to be taken seriously. Having you think that what you have is yours and what is hers is hers; when in reality it all belongs to God!  Having you believe that marriage is a terrible thing to do and if it doesn't work you can just get a divorce and move on to the next. It seems that there are more divorces then marriages today. And that's because they don't know the true meaning of marriage.

Today to many people are getting married at young ages for the all the wrong reasons, thinking that they are in love without truley understanding what love is wanting the fairy tale (wedding) and divorcing for all the wrong reasons as well, without even trying to work it out with the Lord's help. Marriage is a covenant with God, a three stranded cord. Yes, marriage can be tough at times believe me, I know!  I quickly realized that I am in a agreement with Jesus Christ and that my wife and I are a team with God.  That's the main reason why my marriage is a success. So, if you are going through a rough time in your marriage pray and give it to Jesus, and remember God favors marriage.

Stay blessed brothers and sisters and always roll with faith! 

No comments:

Post a Comment